What type(s) of travellers would your recommendations for Naples, Sorrento and Capri suit?
My recommendations for Naples, Sorrento and Capri would suit solo travellers, adventure seekers and backpacker/budget travellers.
How long would you recommend for one to spend there?
4 days 3 nights
What are the top things to do in Naples, Sorrento and Capri that you would recommend?
1. Relax on a beach
– Lie in the sun with a book
– Clear waters at pebble beach in Capri
– Take a swim in the sea when it becomes too hot!
2. Visit islands along the Amalfi Coast by boat
– Buses are available between towns but you can also travel by boat for a different experience
– A trip from Sorrento to Capri can cost between €16 to €20 depending on the boat operator and timings
3. Catch the sunset from Villa Comunale Park, Sorrento
– Have dinner at one of the many restaurants in the area or simply stand by and enjoy the view
– Beautiful views of Sorrento both in the day and night (worth visiting twice!)
What are the top things to eat in Naples, Sorrento and Capri that you would recommend?
1. Classic pizza Napoletana or Margherita
– Simple pizza at its best
– Inexpensive lunch choice
Any recommendations on where to stay in Naples, Sorrento and Capri?
When is a good time of the year to visit Naples, Sorrento and Capri?
How should one get around Naples, Sorrento and Capri?
Bus or boat between towns.
Euros. Cash, credit cards.
Any other tips/things to be aware of in Naples, Sorrento and Capri?
How should one stay connected to the internet?
I depended on wifi but if you have a European sim card, it should be able to work across the EU from July 2017.
Cost of Trip
Airfare – Flight from Amsterdam to Naples cost 110 EUR
Accommodation – 23 EUR per night for a private tent
Food – About 5-15 EUR per meal
Transport – Bus/boat rides between the towns and islands can cost between 10-20 EUR
Tell us a bit about yourself
I’m currently a student in the Netherlands with the goal of completing a master’s degree and seeing as much of Europe as I can 🙂