What type(s) of travellers would your recommendations for the Lyngen Alps suit?
My recommendations for the Lyngen Alps are perfect for photography, adventure seekers and couples.
How long would you recommend for one to spend in the Lyngen Alps?
2 days 1 night, on an overnight trip from Tromso. More nights if you want to increase your chances of seeing the Northern Lights at the Lyngen Alps!
What are the top things to do in the Lyngen Alps that you would recommend?
1. Catch the Northern Lights!!
– A magical sky filled with northern lights or aurora polaris
– Stay at a Sami Tent (see below), dress up in boiler suits and walk out on snowshoes into the wilderness at night
– Super windy and cold
– Be sure to figure out and remember the way to this location in the day (ask the owner of the Sami Tent for directions)
– The path was visible during the day but was covered by a snowfall
2. Stay at a Sami Tent / Lavvo
– A very spacious Sami Tent / Lavvo with table, clothes rack, fireplace
– The toilet is located 20 metres away, at where the host stays
– A hearty dinner (stew) was prepared by the host
– It got EXTREMELY cold at night
– Sleeping bags are provided
3. Snow Mobile Tour
– Go on a Snow Mobile tour to travel through the vast landscapes
– Tour lasts about 2.5 hours
– You get to ride on your own or in pairs
4. Snowshoe into the Wilderness
– Snowshoes to “walk” into the wilderness (for the Northern Lights view at night!)
– Snowshoes were provided to us as part of the Sami Tent stay
– We ventured out ourselves, but you can pay for the host to guide you
More information on the above activities here.
Any recommendations on where to stay in the Lyngen Alps?
The Sami Tent!
When is a good time of the year to visit the Lyngen Alps?
If you would like to catch the northern lights and down for winter activities, it would be January to March. Otherwise, you could also check out their summer activities here.
How should one get around in Lyngen Alps?
As we booked our activities through a tour operator, all our transport arrangements were settled by the tour operator.
What are the acceptable payment currencies and modes?
Everything was paid in advance upon booking of the Lyngen Alps tour.
Any other tips/things to be aware of in the Lyngen Alps?
– It can get really cold and windy!
– Tour pickups are from Tromso city.
– Do a separate northern light chase and equip yourself with photography skills to capture the Northern Lights with Creative Vacations before your overnight stay in the Lygnen Alps
Cost of Trip
More information on the costs of tours by Tour in Lyngen Alps here.
Tell us a bit about yourself
I love exploring and learning about new things, creating experiences, capturing and sharing moments. As such, I am currently building a travel application with my team at Away Nation, which aims to help travellers plan and book their trips based on recommendations from friends and locals, do check it out!