What type(s) of travellers would your recommendations for Lorne suit?
My recommendations for Lorne are perfect for nature lovers and those who are into photography.
How long would you recommend for one to spend in Lorne?
2 days 1 night, as an overnight trip if you visit Melbourne.
What are the top things to do in Lorne that you would recommend?
1. Glamping at Cumberland River
– Sleeping under the stars
– Waking up next to the river
– Perfect location to tour the Otways
Prices from AUD340 per night at Twilight Glamping.
Address: 2680 Great Ocean Rd, Cumberland River VIC 3232, Australia (View on Google Maps)
2. Hiking to Various Waterfalls
– Skipping through rocks at Erskine waterfall
– For the daring, climb up and experience the falls
Address: Erskine Falls Access Rd, Lorne VIC 3232, Australia (View on Google Maps)
3. Horse Riding
– See the Victorian bushland and trot by the beach
– Suitable for all levels
What are the things to eat that you would recommend?
1. Fish and Chips
– Fish and chips are a must!
Any recommendations on where to stay in Lorne?
When is a good time of the year to visit?
How should one get around?
By car – hire one!
Are there any local norms/cultures that a tourist should be aware of?
What are the acceptable payment currencies and modes?
Cash (AUD) and credit cards.
Any other tips/things to be aware of?
– Purchase all necessities at Lorne
How should one stay connected to the internet?
It’s a time to disconnect!
Cost of Trip
Airfare – return ticket from Singapore to Melbourne – Emirates – SGD688 (discounted)
Accommodation – AUD440 for one tent per night
Food – About AUD15-20 at regular cafes
Transport – Car hire at AUD50 per day.